What has become crystal clear to all of us over the past few years is that the continued inequitable experiences that many Edmontonians face is more than a function of one-on-one overt interpersonal prejudice. Rather, it is a result of deeply seeded systemic practises that continue to serve some of us better than others.
- Ending the practice of carding and street checks
- Ongoing Anti-Oppression Training for all Public Servants and elected officials
- Applying the TRC and MMIWG recommendations to all Council decisions
- Create a culture of focusing on helping community members rather than policing them
- Ensuring the community facilities and services are free for everybody
- Banning “hostile” infrastructure