I come from a working class family and I have been working since I was 13. I have also been a community volunteer my whole adult life.
Working people make this city run. In return, We need to help ensure they have good jobs and good quality of life.
I believe that we all deserve to work in safe, healthy working conditions, and to earn salaries - and benefits - that allow us to fully participate with our families and in our communities.
- Making services for seniors more robust to ensure our elders get the quality of life and respectful service they deserve.
- Tackling long term solutions to combat food insecurity.
- Accredited, affordable and accessible early learning and child care options.
- Public, accredited “off hours” child care options for evenings, over night and weekends because - as we saw during this pandemic - many of our front line heroes don’t work 9-5.
- Timely supports and stronger mental health and addiction services for everyone in Edmonton.
- Safe-consumption sites.
- Ensuring all communities have natural gathering places such as public stages, park benches and picnic areas, as well as cafes and corner stores.
- Ensuring all communities have safe, quality, free recreation options for youth.
- Growing the frontline workforce for the City to ensure it is serving the population well.